Apple M1 Arm processor?

Hello forum,

I have updated my MacBook Pro 2011 to a new Mac mini with M1 (2020) Arm processor running macOS Big Sur 11.1.

I haven't found any info on Apple M1 searching the forum (so sorry if it has been addressed) but.. will OpusModus support this? I have OpusModus 2.1.3 version that will open in Rosetta 2, but it crashes all the time when evaluating a score. Playing the midi samples from QuickStart works fine it seems.

Thanks,

All the best Snorre (totall newbie and first post)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am in the same situation as Olo, I have just invested in a MacBook Pro 13 M1 and big disappointment Opusmodus does not run on this MBP. What causes me problem, some musician friends wanted me to show them how we worked with OPMO.
Concretely, with the MBP M1 the menu window opens, you can create a workspace file but once created it is not displayed. Likewise, when you select "Opusmodus" / "Register" in the menu, no window is displayed.

Note: Open Music 6.19 works fine.

• 4 weeks later...

I share the frustration with my new Mac mini. Crashing all the time. Even when it didn't crash the processing time also seemed longer than reasonable. And it's not just OpusModus. I guess the takeaway is don't upgrade to M1 yet. It is too different and no matter how great the chip itself is, with everything else still ruled by the Intel it's just too hard to work with. 

But still, this has to be solved, please.