Sign in to follow this  
InLight-Tone

Diatonic Notes in a Scale?

Is there an EASY way to display the Diatonic notes of a given scale say D Dorian or whatever?

I have come across the expand-chord function but can't figure out how to get to a different tonic to display the proper pitches.

Thanks again!

The diatonic notes you will get when key-signature is given in DEF-SCORE instance, otherwise the note display is chromatic.

The default notes display (processing):

c4 cs4 d4 eb4 e4 f4 fs4 g4 gs4 a4 bb4 b4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By rkylberg
      I am trying to write an OpusModus script to capture this Bach Chorale: http://bach-chorales.com/BWV0001_6.htm

The chorale starts with a single quarter pick-up note (anacruses) and ends with a 3 beat final bar.

Is there any way to capture this annotation?

Thanks!
    • By Jorvd
      Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a method/function which changes the velocity only for notes that are repeating.
      In other words, if I have a sequence like this:
      '(c4 eb4 g4 ab4 ab4 ab4 d4 eb4) I would like to be able to create a crescendo/decrescendo or set a custom velocity for just the Ab notes.
      In the past I've customised a Pattern Matching function from Stephane to change the velocity for specific note lengths:
      (defun velocity-map-omn (map omn &key (otherwise '-)) (do-verbose ("velocity-map-omn") (let ((plist (disassemble-omn omn))) (setf (getf plist :velocity) (pattern-map map (getf plist :length) :otherwise otherwise :swallow t)) (apply 'make-omn plist)))) And I think this should be very close to what I want, however, I have no idea how to tell OM to process repeating notes only.
      Is there anyone who already has a function like this or can steer me in the right direction? Hope this makes sense, any help is very welcome!

- Jor
    • By spuki
      Hi there,
      i'm a excited beginner with OM!
      Just exploring and modifying the turotials.

One Question:
      What would be a good approach to sort the notes which are generated from the snippet below to, say, a scale.
      In other words: The outoot below is chromatic. How can i turn it into a scale, eg. d-phrygian)
      Thank you!

(setf size 60) (setf vector       (gen-sine        size 1 '(0.5 0.4 0.3 0.6)        :modulation (gen-sine size 1 0.3 :phase 180))) (setf pitchvec (vector-to-pitch '(g1 g6) vector))