Sign in to follow this  
AlainJamot

Microtuning (in new version) in Logic and Kontakt

I just tried the microtuning function in version 2.0 and it's briliant. But I get this message from the listener: "Instrument "synth-moog" used the MIDI Tuning System for microtones.
To use Pitch-Bend instead would require at least 2 ports." Where can I find documentation to use the microtonal midi output in Logic and/or in Kontakt, if it's possible, to control my virtual instruments ?

Thanks

Alain

Opusmodus microtonal system supports MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) and Pitch-Bend via Ports.

MIDI Tuning Standard (MTS) is a specification of precise musical pitch agreed to by the MIDI Manufacturers Association in the MIDI protocol. MTS allows for both a bulk tuning dump message, giving a tuning for each of 128 notes, and a tuning message for individual notes as they are played.

The Virtual Instrument that support MTS:

Vienna Instruments, Pianoteq, possibly few more.
Sadly 'Native Instruments' is not one of them.

An quarter-tone example
To use Pitch-Bend instead of MTS would require at least 2 ports.

(def-score quarter-tone
           (:key-signature 'chromatic
            :tempo '(q 60)
            :time-signature '(4 4))

(inst1 :omn '(s c4 c4+ c4+ c4+ cs4 cs4+ cs4+ cs4+ d4 d4+ d4+ d4+ eb4 eb4+ eb4+ eb4+ e4)
         :channel 1
         :sound 'gm
         :program 0
         :port '(0 1)
         )
  )

In your DAW you need set 2 ports for each channel (same instrument).

An eighth-tone example
To use Pitch-Bend instead of MTS would require at least 4 ports.

(def-score eighth-tone

(inst1 :omn '(s c4 c4+. c4+ c4+.. cs4 cs4+. cs4+ cs4+.. d4 d4+. d4+ d4+.. eb4 eb4+. eb4+ eb4+.. e4)
         :port '(0 1 2 3)
         )
  )

In your DAW you need to set 4 ports for each channel (same instrument).

MTS example
If your instrument support MTS then you use single port, as usual.

(def-score eighth-mts

(inst1 :omn '(s c4 c4+. c4+ c4+.. cs4 cs4+. cs4+ cs4+.. d4 d4+. d4+ d4+.. eb4 eb4+. eb4+ eb4+.. e4)
         :port 0
         )
  )

The internal GM dose not need any specific setup.

Best,

Janusz

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this