1. JulioHerrlein

JulioHerrlein

• Similar Topics

• By AM
      dear all
      here is a setup for playing midi-files/scores in polytempi / follow the instructions and have fun!
      just ask if you have some questions...

greetings
      andré

- personally i will use it for exact sample/e-player perfomance with my pieces which are working with "Technology-Assisted Conducting"
      http://polytempo.zhdk.ch ... in future i will do it all directly from OPMO or lisp - "live score generating" + polytempo-conducting + e-player)
      - i have already done this with my piece MODULAR FORM  but not all controlled by LISP/OPMO, so next step is doing it all in OPMO/LISP

...some explanations about the piece....
      andré meier - trompete | komposition - modular form
      WWW.ANDREMEIER.ORG  

greetings
      andré

Polytempo - Wikipedia
      EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG  
      ;;; POLYTEMPO-PLAY ;;; with a MAX-patch (from my friend thomas peter) and some OSC-send i can play the same/different midis (up to 30) ;;; in different tempos in parallel - any combination, with precise coordination ;;; also possible: change global velocity (means: change velocity inside midi) ;;; time-delay (start) in ms ;;; 1) OSC-send functions: (defparameter *out-socket* (make-socket :type :datagram)) (defparameter *remote-host* "127.0.0.1") (defparameter *remote-port* 7500) (defun udpsend (&rest args) (let ((message (apply' osc::encode-message args))) (send-to *out-socket* message (length message) :remote-host *remote-host* :remote-port *remote-port*))) ;;; 2) a) put the MAX-player-folder on desktop ;;; b) start midiplayer.maxpat ;;; c) midiplayer: define your output source in [midiout@name "from MAX 1"] ;;; d) the MIDIS must be placed in the midi-folder (inside MAX-player-folder) ;;; 3) generate SCORE (here a nonsense example) (setf omn (make-omn :pitch (setf pitches (filter-repeat 1 (flatten (gen-sort (rnd-air :type :pitch :seed 45) :step 5 :sort '> :seed 123)))) :length (gen-length '(1) 1/32) :velocity (pitch-to-velocity 'p 'mf pitches :type :float) :span :pitch)) (def-score sorted-whitenoise (:title "sorted-whitenoise" :key-signature 'atonal :time-signature '(4 4) :tempo 60 :layout (grand-layout 'inst)) (inst :omn omn :port 0 :channel 1 :sound 'gm :program 'acoustic-grand-piano)) ;;; 4) COMPILE that score into your Max-Player/midi-folder => PATH+NAME!!! (compile-score 'sorted-whitenoise :file "your-path/sorted-whitenoise") ;;; 5) play it by evaluate UPSEND -> some examples ;;; /eplayer / midi-name / tempo-factor / velocity factor / time-delay in ms (udpsend "/eplayer" "sorted-whitenoise" 1.0 0.5 0) ;; originaltempo, velocity 0.5 (udpsend "/eplayer" "sorted-whitenoise" 2.3 1.0 0) ;; (* tempo 2.3) etc... (udpsend "/eplayer" "sorted-whitenoise" 0.375 1.0 2000) ;; (* tempo 0.375 with startdelay 2000ms) (udpsend "/eplayer" "stop") ; you can stop with that ;;; a tempo-relations => 23:17:13:9:3:2 -> a complex example with time-delays ;;; also possible with every and different midis you like (progn (udpsend "/eplayer" "sorted-whitenoise" 2.3 1.0 0) (udpsend "/eplayer" "sorted-whitenoise" 0.3 0.8 0) (udpsend "/eplayer" "sorted-whitenoise" 0.2 0.4 0) (udpsend "/eplayer" "sorted-whitenoise" 1.3 1.0 10000) (udpsend "/eplayer" "sorted-whitenoise" 1.7 0.9 16000) (udpsend "/eplayer" "sorted-whitenoise" 0.9 0.7 20000)) (udpsend "/eplayer" "stop") ; you can stop with that  

Max_Player_19-08-23.zip example.aiff
      goldberg_13_11.aiff example_11_7_5_3_2.aiff
    • By torstenanders
      Dear all,

After updating to a recent Opusmodus version 1.3, I ran into some errors when loading code that had been loaded and compiled before, e.g., quicklisp, quicklisp libraries, swank (the interface that allows using Emacs Slime with Opusmodus), and my own Lisp libraries. The errors I saw were rather cryptic, like the following:

Error: The value "CL" is not of the expected type list.
      While executing: (:internal ccl::operation-on-all-specs ccl::%define-package), in process Listener-1(7).

After exchanges with Janusz (thanks a lot for your help!) I learnt that the underlying Common Lisp version of Opusmodus had been upgraded to CCL version 1.12, and the format of compiled files (fasl files or dx64fsl files) of this version had changed.

So, in case you run into similar problems, these can be fixed simply by deleting all previously compiled files (which Lisp stores if they do not change to speed up the load process), so that the Lisp compiler has to compile them again. In the folder  ~/.cache/common-lisp just delete any folders starting with ccl-, so that all compiled files in this directory are compiled again.

Best,
      Torsten
    • By AM
      hi all

i would like to code a NAND gate with more then two input-items (as extension to AND etc...). here is a simple version of the NAND function with two inputs, but i don't know how to exapnd it to n-inputs without putting the the inputs to in a list (like lisp-internal AND / OR)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAND_gate

i dont't want it:
      (nand '(t t t nil))  but like to have
      (nand t nil nil t t t)  
      when i get a solution for that i will code an XOR, NOR etc....

so the "problem" is: how to manage in DEFUN more then two inputs (don't work with &optional, i think) i tried it and failed)...
      any ideas, lisp-nerds? 🙂 thanx! andré

;;; easy with a specific number of input-items - that works! (defun nand (a b) (not (and a b))) (nand t t) => nil (nand nil nil) => t (nand nil t) => t ;;; i like to have an input perhaps like that - with any number of input-items, like lisp's AND / OR (nand t t t t) (nand nil t t t nil t t t nil) ...