There's nothing here yet

• Similar Topics

• By Andy
      Hello
      I'm new here.
      I'm on the demo and doing fine but for the life of me I can't figure out what the n integer does after :seed?
      I know seed fixes a random function so it is repeatable but what does that number do? I tried changing it in Tutorial 5 but I can't make sense of it!
      Thanks
      Andy

• By EAIP
      Here is a suggestion for posting the random seed value used by a function.
      When using Open Music way back in time I remember that you could "lock" a random function if you liked the result, which IMO was a great workflow feature.
      Perhaps a similar thing could be achived in Opusmodus if the random seed used for a function was posted to the post window in addition to the result of the evaluation.
      If you like the result of a particular seed you could then manually "lock" the randomization using the :seed keyword for the function:

; first try different randomizations (setf bin-rhythm (gen-binary-rnd 5 5 2 1)) => gen-binary-rnd :seed 752 (setf bin-rhythm (gen-binary-rnd 5 5 2 1)) => gen-binary-rnd :seed 234 ; then lock seed if you like the result (setf bin-rhythm (gen-binary-rnd 5 5 2 1) :seed 234)  
      Perhaps if possible also with the variable name as a label to keep track of things when using several random functions in complex code:

(setf bin-rhythm (gen-binary-rnd 5 5 2 1)) => bin-rhytm gen-binary-rnd :seed 37  
      I think that this or a similar approach would be a really powerful way of trying different results when working with randomization in Opusmodus.

• By PatrickMimran
      I try to put a seed as an option in this function with a default value of nil or no seed , how may i add it as optional 

Thanks  Patrick  

(defun patkaos ( seed lambda long )
       (let ((res (cons seed nil)) (xn seed))
          (dotimes (n long res) (setf res (cons (setf xn (* lambda xn (- 1 xn))) res)))
          (reverse res)))