Key Command Conflicts plus Misc Crashes: Solved

Hi, I am happily exploring the demo of Opusmodus and have come across some specific? issues to my machine set-up (Mac Pro Mid 2009/OSX 10.9.5).

1- I use a program called 'Total Spaces2' to organize separate desktops. This is the first time it's default key commands of Command 1~9 have caused a problem but when I try to use the Opusmodus key commands for 'Snippet' auditioning, etc ('command' + 1~9) it triggers a TotalSpaces2 desktop change instead. As I use TotalSpaces2 99.9% of my day and have long term muscle memory for it's assignments, I need a way to have different key commands for the 'Snippet' auditioning if possible? Is there a Opusmodus preference file I can alter?? (I don't see anything in the 'Editor Commands' if that is the normal place for making/changing assignments).

2- I am unable to stop normal 'Audition' operation? Using 'command .'  and command ,' or the 'Tools' menu versions of 'Interrupt' or 'Break' ALWAYS creates a 'Beachball of Death' and either an app crash or freeze requiring 'force quit'. I have crash reports if you want to give me the desired address to use to report. If I audition to the MIDI player then 'space bar' works as expected to start/stop, but 'Audition' and 'Audition/Notation' processes seem to have no way to be stopped other than finding a new code excerpt to send to 'Audition' process to override current 'Audition'.

3- I also had repeatable crashes when attempting to audition a list created by the 'permute n' function. I used 'permute n 8'...which is 40320 permutations I believe, so I realize this is a large amount of data. I was able to produce the integer data in the 'Listener', used 'copy/paste' to transfer to a list for processing by 'Integer-to-pitch', then used that data (again from 'Listener' via 'command E' to insert into my score as a pitch variable's list' It is THEN, when I try to evaluate/audition my score's omn sequences that Opusmodus just outright crashes. If there a known virtual memory  limit involved here? I can produce this list as either integers or converted to pitches, and copy/paste both within and to external apps (like text editor 'Text Wrangler') but cannot evaluate/audition or create MIDI from the data. It is a time consuming operation so i know it's a immense data set, but was surprised that instead of just taking a long time it completely  crashes program? Crash report also available upon request. I have 2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC. FWIW, I SUCCESSFULLY used above process/score document to do 'permute n 5', permute n 6', and 'permute n 7'...so it was that jump from 5040 events (n 7) to 40320 that hits some sort of virtual memory wall?

Update: As a test, I was able to use 'TextMechanic' online permutation generator to produce a permutation of 8 items, copy/paste into 'Text Wrangler' (to massage format), and then paste into Intermorphic's 'Noatikl''s 'Pattern' Voice (which interprets integers 1~8 as relative intervals) and was able to successfully convert with 'MIDI Cooker' offline feature. All steps did exhibit long processing times in between steps but DID eventually create a MIDI file...so the large amount of data in memory alone isn't the issue (or wasn't with these particular apps).

4- In the 'Introduction to Opusmodus', it states:

"The tutorial resources can be accessed from within Opusmodus itself. You’ll find Quick Start, a guide providing the necessary basics. Then there is Stages: a 30-part collection of score-scripts and text commentaries designed to be opened simultaneously. Both these are available as a download: a PDF file formatted as a printable A4 book."

I have located the 'Quick Start' PDF, but would really like the 'Stages' as 'nightstand' material (in my case my iPad ;-)), but only see the individual rtfd's for 'Stages' as opposed to the above referenced 'Both these are available as a download: a PDF file formatted as a printable A4 book."

Update: I have since created my own PDF of 'Stages', so unless there is a version that includes the actual score information as examples within the textual narrative then I'm good :)

In closing, a Opusmodus purchase is definitely in my future, the online documentation and program organization is a real resource to opening up this composing approach, I am truly excited about the seemingly endless possibilities Opusmodus will provide for a very long time ;-)

Thanks in advance

One final note, a small typo I stumbled across in 'Interval-Row-Invert'...the word ''two' instead of 'row'? (see attached)

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 3.57.39 PM.png

Thank you for reply...I do understand the difference between score and snippet auditioning...I have noted your reply and see if that solves it...though why would using the wrong interrupt for type of audition cause a full program freeze/crash?

You didn't respond to the memory issues I mentioned I seem to be experiencing, I have since created a new post with example as I am seeing this across different score files and functions and I am not clear if it is 'pilot error' given I am just trying different things to learn and formulate approaches...but am seeing A LOT of VM-allocation related crashes in my learning which does seem perhaps NOT normal?

And I have full crash reports if you want me to send along ;-)

Update: Turns out the 'escape period' from keyboard doesn't work either on my system, though I can't think of any other app/utility that is active that uses that particular combo..accessing via the drop down menu DOES work so I will work around not having those key commands for auditioning  for now and hopefully the future 'key command editing' in 2.0 will address it ;-)

Just to update, all above key command issues now resolved and all Opusmodus key commands working as expected.

I have been building upon/upgrading from same basic OS installation since 2009 (from 10.5? up to current 10.9.5)...so a little house cleaning for unused background utilities stopped crashes from 'command-escape'...plus making the mental switch to not using the top 'main' keyboard numeric keys  (upper keyboard 'function row' version of number keys) and instead using the separate 'number pad' numeric keys), which is why 'Command-1~9' were not triggering expected 'Audition' variations and instead doing TotalSpaces2 screen set switches.

Not sure if that distinction between numeric key type is necessary for doc's, it just hasn't come up before for me in recent years (that I can remember anyway) ;-)

So all is right in the world, sure beats 'mousing' up to the menus all the time, especially now that I am knee deep in various experiments and learning with Opusmodus :)

Thank you for your patience, hopefully this will help another 'newbie' sometime in the future? Or...feel free to delete this whole post and save me the general embarrassment of not starting with the basics in solving this to begin with ;-)