Sign in to follow this  
opmo

DADA Quartet

Algorithmic avant garde jazz improvisation for tenor saxophone, piano, bass and drums.

I thought it is time to add something new to our 'Made in Opusmodus' forum.

Samples: VSL Ensemble Pro with Vienna Instruments Pro.

If you like to study the score, here it is:

DADA Quartet.opmo

Thanks Janusz for the script. It is impressive. I am studying it and I allowed myself to test it with "personal library" (rows 12 tones, blues) with change of tempo and instruments like I do not have VSL. And it's very interesting in terms of the result. In particular, I used Pianoteq and Ircam Solo Instruments piano as well as instances of Softube Modular,  a modular virtual synthesizer, with their emulation of the Buchla 259e module. And that may recall some of Sun Ra's cosmic themes.

Dear Janusz,

Here is a first result from a series of pitches based on "Mi Myxolydien" (a mix with the notes of Amazing Grace version Judy Collins and Third Stone from the Sun by Jimi Hendrix) insert in Def-Library. I recorded the IAC tracks in Ableton Live in the arrangement window and since I do not have an interesting jazz saxophone, I split the tracks and the piano so I could get some changes to the timbres. Besides the bass, the piano and the drums, I used three sessions of Softube modular synthesizer, Modular, including one with the Buchla 259e module (the somewhat space-like sound and which sometimes emphasizes the piano) and two instruments of the Korg Gadget suite for Mac, the Arp Odyssey emulation and the Wave Station emulation in a synthetic brass sound).

Didier