BUG: Opusmodus extensions not found by Hemlocks Find Definition facility

The Opusmodus editor (Hemlock) supports finding the source for definitions: point the cursor, e.g., on a function name and press M-. (on a Mac, the meta key is the alt key). This works nicely, e.g., for everything loaded via quicklisp, asdf and the sources of CCL itself (if the pathname is set up correctly, e.g., by adding the following to your extensions). Obviously, it cannot work for any Opusmodus definitions, because the sources are not available to us.

(setf (logical-pathname-translations "ccl") '((#P"ccl:**;*.*" #P"/path/to/your/local-ccl-installation/ccl/**/*.*")))

However, looking up sources conveniently this way does *not* work for Opusmodus extensions loaded automatically from ~/Opusmodus/Extensions. Could please be fixed?

This is a lower priority bug, but it would be very good to keep such reports somewhere on record. Opusmodus should have some bug reporting facilities for that. Keeping such messages somewhere in the forum makes the impression that they are easily forgotten, and therefore there is less of an incentive to report bugs :)

Best,

Torsten

PS: Even if Opusmodus is not an open-source system, it would be good to learn from literature such as The Cathedral and the Bazaar by Eric S. Raymond (wikipedia): "Treating your users as co-developers is your least-hassle route to rapid code improvement and effective debugging."

Thanks for coming back so quickly. Seemingly this does not work reliably -- the source file can be in the Navigator, but the definition is still not found.

Anyway, the problem I have with the Navigator is that what it shows and the actual files and folders on the HD are not necessarily in sync. I understand that this gives users some flexibility to arrange their project, but I end up again and again manually making sure my files and the Navigator are in sync (e.g., after adding or moving files).

Anyway, this has low priority :)

Best,

Torsten