Converting MIDI or MusicXML to OMN

Hello,

I'm a new user and wondering if there is a recommended method to input and convert a score to OpusModus.

I have a score I've written in 4 parts each part represented in its own file in both MusicXML and MIDI. My goal is to import (either the MIDI or MusicXML) and convert these to OMN so that I can modify them using functions.

I have been able to import them but I'm having difficulty converting them to OMN and I haven't been able to find this specific use case in any of the documentation.

Any best practice or advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

you can import your file as Midi with the function Midi to score in the File Menu.

But for a good importation, your midi need to be very "clean".

I generaly obtain very good result from midi conversion to OMN but i prepare carefuly my tracks in logic with no overlap of notes, perfect quantization etc....

Once you midi tracks are clean, import and convert to OMN works very well.

I suppose if your tracks come from a score editor, normally the importation into Opusmodus from Midi could be ok.

SB.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your response. I have one question - where in the interface would I find the action to convert to OMN? I've selected the file and right-clicked but did not see the option in the menu. 

Thank you,

Tom

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll try to do a first proof of concept 🙂 Will start working on it this week to get a first impression of how complex this might be.

Will keep you informed.

Feel free to follow any progress: 

GITHUB.COM

Converts Midi XML to OMN (OpusModus Notation). Contribute to willemdijkgraaf/MidiXmlToOMN development by creating an account on GitHub.