Lyrics / text distribution with tied duration

Hello!

I am hoping to get some help applying text to a list of durations longer than a bar.  The :text key in def-score applies each syllable of text onto each new bar, even when the duration is tied through.

Instead, I want each new syllable to be applied to each new note.  I know that I can use dashes in the lyrics to connect through ties, but as I am generating very large numbers of tied notes it is impractical to count out exactly the right number of dashes each time.

Is there a way to do what I want?  Thank you!

Elliot

(setf times-omn '(e c4 d4 d_d_d_d_w e4 d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d f4 d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_w c4 d4 d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_w e4 f4 d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d c4 d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_w d4 d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d e4 d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d f4))

(setf lyrics (make-text '("Intertidal_zone epipelagic_zone_begins scuba_limit 90%_of_light_absorbed end_of_epipelagic_zone mesopelagic_zone_begins photosynthesis_impossible deepest_free_dive only_blue_and_green_light deepest_scuba_dive uss_thresher_imploded seawolf_max_dive_depth")))

(def-score myscore (
                    :title "Deep Sea Dive"
                    :composer "E"
                    :key-signature 'atonal
                    :time-signature '(4 4)
                    :tempo 60
)

(instrument 
:omn times-omn
:text lyrics
)
)