Sign in to follow this  
Pietro Bonanno

Sort Pitches with lengths

Good morning.

I'm interested in score analysis and I've encountered an issue. Is it possibile in Opusmodus, after I've create a score in OMN form (for example : (h c6 mp) (w. f5 pp) (d a4 mp) ) sort these sublist in PITCH ascending order linking the corresponding value of LENGTH? example:

convert this: (h c6 mp) (w. f5 pp) (d a4 mp)
in this: (d a4 mp) (w. f5 pp) (h c6 mp)

where every sublist remains the same but the order is changed on a pitch base (in this case ascending).

I've tried SORT-ASC and similar, but probably there's something to try and I'm new to the program.

Thank you a lot!

Pietro

Hi,

this could be a solution:

(setf orig '((h c6 mp) (w. f5 pp) (d a4 mp)))

(defun prepa (lst)
  (car (pitch-to-integer (omn :pitch lst))))

; test of prepa:
(prepa '(h c6 mp))

(setf ordered (sort (copy-seq orig) #'< :key #'prepa))

SB.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By AM
      dear all

is there a quick way to import (or filter) only pitches and chords from a midi-file? if i only use these (nothing else from midi/xml)

thanx for a hint
      andré
    • By AM
      ;;; ADD-RND-DUST TO LENGTHS ;;; this function adding RANDOMLY some "dust" to the LENGTHS, so it will be like a little rubato, ;;; or "humanizing"-effect. the ADD-SPAN is in percent (0.1 = 10%) on each length-value. (defun add-rnd-dust (omnseq &key (span '(0.1)) (seed nil) (quantize '(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9))) (let ((rhy (omn :length omnseq)) (sp)) (progn (setf rhy (loop with cnt = 0 for i in rhy do (setf sp (nth cnt span)) when (not (null seed)) do (incf seed) when (> i 0) collect (+ i (car (rnd-number 1 0.0 (* i sp) :seed seed))) else collect (- i (car (rnd-number 1 0.0 (* i sp) :seed seed))) when (< cnt (1- (length span))) do (incf cnt))) (make-omn :length (quantize (float-to-ratio rhy :ratio 1/1) quantize) :pitch (omn :pitch omnseq) :velocity (omn :velocity omnseq) :articulation (omn :articulation omnseq))))) ;;; EXAMPLE (add-rnd-dust '(h c3 h. d3 -h q. f3 q g3) :span '(0.5 0.3 0.2 0.1) :quantize '(1 2 3 4 8) :seed 123) => (ht c3 h.s. d3 -e -q -t e.._3h f3 3q_q g3) (add-rnd-dust '(q c3 q d3 q e3 q f3 q g3) ;;possible add-span per value (1 = 100% of the value, 0.5 = 50% etc.) ;;if it's a list, it will stay on the last value of the span-list :span '(0.4 0.3 0 0 2) ;;how to quantize new lengths :quantize '(1 2 4 8) :seed 123) => (q c3 qt d3 q e3 f3 hs. g3) (add-rnd-dust '(h c3 h. d3 h e3 q. f3 q g3) :span '(0.5) ;; = every value max-add 50% :quantize '(1 2 3 4 8) :seed 2999) => (hs. c3 wt d3 3w.e e3 3wq. f3 q g3) (add-rnd-dust '(q c3 q d3 q e3 q f3 q g3) :span '(0.4 0.3 0 0 2) :quantize '(1 2 4 8) :seed 1111) => (qt c3 qs d3 q e3 f3 q... g3) (add-rnd-dust '(h c3 h d3 h e3 h f3 h g3) :span '(0.3 0.2 0.1 0 0.2) :quantize '(1 2 4 3 5) :seed 2999) => (5dh. c3 5dhq. d3 h e3 f3 he g3)  
    • By Deb76
      Hello, 
      Somewhat stupid question but I do not find a function that would allow me to reorder a sequence of pitches.
      Let me explain, on a forum where Messiaen's limited transposition modes are discussed, I wanted to show that with Opumodus we could very easily analyze the modes and recreate them. I have no problem with those who are in total symmetry and divisible by two, but if I take the mode 3: (c4 d4 eb4 e4 gb4 g4 ab4 bb4 b4), using the function pitch-transpose-start I get in the end the mode but according to the postponement of the intervallic structure on c4 d4 ab4 is => ((c4 e4 gs4) (d4 fs4 bb4) (eb4 g4 b4)). I tried to reorder with the function pcs-normal-order the mode is reordered but with however the c4 in last position: (d4 eb4 e4 fs4 g4 gs4 bb4 b4 c4). Now, I suppose there is a function that makes it possible to obtain the right disposition. What is it ?
      (setf modmessiaen3 '(c4 d4 eb4 e4 gb4 g4 ab4 bb4 b4)) (setf SIMessiaenMod3 (pitch-to-interval modmessiaen3)) ; =>  (2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1) (setf mod3divide (gen-divide 3 modmessiaen3)) (setf firstmodmessiaen3 (filter-first 3 modmessiaen3)) (setf report3 '(c4 e4 ab4)) (setf rep3 (gen-repeat 3 (list report3))) (setf pch3 (modus (flatten (pitch-transpose-start firstmodmessiaen3 rep3)))) (setf MessiaenMod3 (pcs-normal-order pch3 :pitch)) (setf SIMessiaenMod3a (pitch-to-interval MessiaenMod3)) ; => (1 1 2 1 1 2 1 -11) (setf mod3chordsM (melodize '((c4eb4gb4) (d4gb4bb4) (eb4gb4bb4) (e4g4b4) (gb4bb4db5) (g4b4d5) (ab4b4d5) (bb4gb5) (b4d5gb5)))) (setf analysechords3 (pcs-analysis (integer-to-pitch (modus mod3chordsM))))  
      In particular, this distorts the analysis of the interstellar structure of mode 3:
      of (2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1) I get (1 1 2 1 1 2 1 -11)
      Besides, there is probably a more efficient script than the one I tried?
      Best.
      Didier

PS : In fact, I realize that the function pcs-normal-order is not adapted at all according to the modes.