Strange problem with application extension file

Hi,

I have a set of utility functions in a file called "Utils.opmo". These functions have been tested and have no errors. In order to load these functions at start up, I copied this file to my Extensions folder. When I launch OM, what I notice is that some of the functions in this file are loaded correctly, but some others are not loaded at all (I get error when I call them from the console) even though all are in the same source file. I do not get any error messages at load time.

I then included the call "(load "<path>/Utils.opmo"), where <path> is the location of the file, in "Quicklisp Start.lisp". Now, when I start OM, as part of Quicklisp initialisation, my "Utils.opmo" gets loaded correctly.

I cannot figure out what the problem could be. Any guesses?

Regards,

Rangarajan

I thought so too, but when I evaluate functions once again via "Evaluate All", they start working. What behaviour is to be expected if by accident I define a function that is part of the system? Will there be an error or warning?

Also, they work when I load them from the Quicklisp Start file as mentioned in my previous post. That is strange, right?

Regards,

Rangarajan

No, I did not explicitly give any package specification at the top of the file. But, on checking I find that the functions I defined are in "OPUSMODUS" package as seen from the variable *package*. In that sense, I agree with you that some symbols could shadow built-in functions, but the strange thing is that when I load them explicitly from within Quicklisp Start.opmo, they work fine.

I will leave it at that for now, but it needs further investigation.

Regards,

Rangarajan