Chongganbo Cartography 2.1

This is my first attempt at composing using Opusmodus.

It is a rewrite of a piece I had composed last year that connects the Korean Chongganbo notation system with an approach of generating tones (within the ambitus of certain Korean instruments) and rhythms loosely based on the serial approach. In this version, I ended up taking the MIDI data from Opusmodus and sent it to Ableton Live, for which I used samples of two electric guitars and two synthesizers. This piece in its first version was written for 2 Kayageums, 2 Geomungos, and Live Electronics. In the second version (from which this piece is extracted), I changed the instrumentation to 2 Geomongos. I've attached the original (graphic) score I created for the first version, and from which I also used the tones in the second version. 

In this composition, Opusmodus helped mainly in arranging the sections, and in generating rhythms based on a range of white and gaussian noise (sometimes using the extreme and triangle options, as well). It also made it very easy to manipulate the evaluated results to better fit what I had in mind.

score1.pdf