Parallel Upgrade/Install?

Greetings! Opusmodus notified me today that the new version was available. Congratulations on the release!

Before I upgrade, I'm wondering if it is possible to have both 2.x and 3.x installed simultaneously. Not to run simultaneously, mind you, just to have both versions available.

Thank you,

Jon

Wow, this is really disappointing.

It is again showing how poor the company behind OM communicates.

It seems not necassary to have an official announcement placed at the day people can use the new version.

Is it too much to ask for an update note on the official webpage?

"Wow, this is really disappointing. It is again showing how poor the company behind OM communicates. It seems not necassary to have an official announcement placed at the day people can use the new version. Is it too much to ask for an update note on the official webpage?" 

Om-Chanting on "Baroque 415Hz" could help

That was certainly not the series of responses I expected to elicit with my question.

Having worked for software companies of various sizes (though none as small as I suspect Opusmodus to be) I am probably more tolerant than many when it comes to release delays or scheduling hiccups between announcements and license server deployments, etc. My perspective is also probably skewed by years working with and relying on arcane and expensive software by a one-man shop (SCORE, by Leland Smith). Finding ways to continue to run an MS-DOS program as each new iteration of Windows throws up new and exciting roadblocks is the SCORE-user's Intel vs M1.

Regardless, my time spent working for software companies and graphic design teams has fostered an outlook where I prefer to have multiple versions available for use whenever possible to ease transition and cope with any compatibility issues (e.g., functions renamed or deprecated). So, I ask again, is it possible to have both v2.x and v3.x installed at the same time on a single machine so that they can be run at different times (not simultaneously)?

Thank you,

Jon