Sign in to follow this  
o_e

How to avoid to write data like Volume, Panorama etc. in the midi-file

Hi,

When I use a midi-file produced by OM in Logic, changes of data like Volume or Panorama I make in Logic are overwritten by the data stored in the midi-file. Is there a way to change this behaviour? Or is there a way to erase all those data in Logic?

Thanks for help!

best

ole

You can overwrite them in the Logic List Editor.

For a midifile, the Janusz's solution is the good one, but may be it can help to know also how to use in Logic environment a transformer for remove such type of information in Input when driving Logic from Opusmodus.

See attached picture.

SB.

post-3-0-87775700-1426086762_thumb.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By hujairi
      Hello,

I am trying to find different ways of importing partials/frames data into Opusmodus. I am currently trying to use spectral analysis to analyzes certain music/audio phenomena I haven't really seen analyzed before to adapt into my own composition process. The sounds are generally archival or things I have synthesized on the computer through software myself (in .wav format), and are usually between 1 - 5 seconds in length. Is this a good length of time to analyze the spectral data of sounds? 

I just wanted to understand the following information about spectral tools within Opusmodus. I really would appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

1. Is it only Spear that we can use for spectral analysis? Is something like Audiosculpt also useable?

2. Looking at Spear, when we explore the data, which of the following export formats do we use: 1. Text - Resampled Frames, 2. Text - Partials, 3. SDIF 1 TRC - Resampled Frames, 4. SDIF 1 TRC - Exact Interpolated, or 5. SDIF RBEP?

3. Once I have the data in the correct format, I think I want to create a library of the datasets I important so that I can reinterpret them in the future. If I want to use the "get-tuning" function, for example, and then mapping it across certain instruments within my planned orchestration. What would be an effective way of doing this?

One of my main challenges is finding a way to keep all my data organized every time I want to use Opusmodus for a new project. I still find myself using Opusmodus in little blocks as I compose, and I hope to eventually get to the point in which I can compose entire pieces using only Opusmodus. 

I really appreciate your help.
    • By AM
      with these functions you could write your CENTS for tuning directly into OMN-attributes, and extract it afterwards

1. generate by add-cents-tuning-to-text-atrributes the cent values into text-attributes (only one time), you could decide if it will be shown in the score "as CENTS or as FLOAT"
      2. now you could write your CENTS for tuning into OMN-attributes like 50ct, -34ct ...also in combination with other text-attributes legno+50ct, pizz+-65ct, -45ct+batt
      3. you could EXTRACT afterwards your LIST for TUNING directly from OMN by   get-tuning-from-omn*.if an EVENT has no cent-attribute it will be unchangend (= 0 cents)

;;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;;; this function adds CENTS or FLOATS to text-attributes, in this way you can notate ;;; - have a look how it's written in the score -> all combinations of attributes possible ;;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (defun add-cents-tuning-to-text-atrributes (&key (centlist nil) (type nil)) (loop for i in (loop for x in (if (null centlist) (append (loop for i from 0 upto 99 collect i) (loop for i from 1 upto 99 collect (neg! i))) centlist) collect (compress (list x 'ct))) append (add-text-attributes (list i (write-to-string (if (equal type :float) (float (/ (append (compress (if (equal (car (explode i)) '-) (if (= (length (explode i)) 5) (filter-first 3 (explode i)) (filter-first 2 (explode i))) (if (= (length (explode i)) 4) (filter-first 2 (explode i)) (filter-first 1 (explode i))) ))) 100)) i)))))) ;;; EXAMPLES (add-cents-tuning-to-text-atrributes :type :float) ;; have a look to notation: cmd3 (-q -q e c4 fff q c4 mf 50ct e c4 mf -40ct e c5 ff) (add-cents-tuning-to-text-atrributes :type :cents) ;; cents are written ;; have a look to notation: cmd3 (-q -q e c4 fff q c4 mf 50ct e c4 mf -40ct e c5 ff) ;;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;;; this function get out all notated microtones for TUNING ;;; if there is nothing written it will be 0 cents (0) ;;; you can combine all kinds of attributes ;;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (defun memberp (n liste) (not (equal 'nil (member n liste)))) (defun find-duplicates (lst) (cond ((null lst) '()) ((member (car lst) (cdr lst)) (cons (car lst) (find-duplicates (cdr lst)))) (t (find-duplicates (cdr lst))))) (defun get-tuning-from-omn* (omnlist centlist) (loop for i in (single-events (length-rest-remove omnlist)) with n = 0 when (not (null (find-duplicates (append (disjoin-attributes (car (last i))) centlist)))) do (setf n (float (/ (append (compress (remove-if-not #'numberp (explode (car (find-duplicates (append (disjoin-attributes (car (last i))) centlist))))))) 100))) and collect (if (equal (car (explode (car (find-duplicates (append (disjoin-attributes (car (last i))) centlist))))) '-) (* -1 n) n) else collect 0)) ;;; EXAMPLES (setf centlist (add-cents-tuning-to-text-atrributes :type :float)) ;;; evaluate this and you will get the tuning-list with all combinations of attributes (get-tuning-from-omn* '(-q -q e c4 fff q c4 mf legno+50ct+num1 e c4 mf -50ct+legno+batt e c5 ff pizz+-34ct) centlist) => (0 0.5 0.5 -0.34) (get-tuning-from-omn* '(-q -q e c4 fff -34ct+pizz q c4 mf legno+50ct e c4 mf -50ct+legno+batt e c5 ff pizz+-34ct) centlist) => (-0.34 0.5 -0.5 -0.34) (get-tuning-from-omn* '(-q -q e c4 fff -34ct+pizz+num11 q c4 mf legno+50ct e c4 mf -50ct+legno+batt e c5 ff pizz+-34ct) centlist) => (-0.34 0.5 -0.5 -0.34) ;;; cmd3 for LAYOUT/SCORE (-q -q e c4 fff -34ct+pizz+num11 q c4 mf legno+50ct e c4 mf -50ct+legno+batt e c5 ff pizz+-34ct) (-q -q e c4 fff q c4 mf legno+50ct+num1 e c4 mf -50ct+legno+batt+num2 e c5 ff pizz+legno+-34ct)  
    • By Deb76
      Hello,
      I have a problem, I can not finalize an import of a midi file in OPMO. As you can see in the screenshot, the file is imported into the piano-roll, it is correctly read but when in the File menu I want to access "Midi to Partition", this function remains inactive. Do you have an idea to solve this problem?
      Thank you in advance.
      Didier