Assembling Long Streams of generated material

Dear Friends,

I´m seriously doing a composition for String Quartet now. I was procastinating it for more than one year, but now I´m really finding good results that could be part of a composition.

The question is that I generate some VERY LONG (sometimes 200 bars) of material and, inside this stream I´d like to use ONE or TWO measures of this particular stream, and more 6 measures generated by other process, interpolate some Free material in between, and so on.

In general, this is the expression I use to compile each voice of the quartet: vh1 (VL), vh2 (VL2), vh3 (VLA) and vh4 (Cello)

(setf vh1 (make-omn
           :length rv1
           :pitch v1
           :span :pitch
           :velocity (length-map 
                      len-map2
                      rv1
                      :otherwise '(mf) :repeat t)
           :articulation (length-map 
                          len-map1
                          rv1
                          :otherwise '(ord) :repeat t)))

I do my hacks before this to transform things, but essentialy, I do my 4 make-omn expressions and, after that, I do a PS expression with my STR Quartet VST template using (list vh1 vh2 vh3 vh4). Sometimes I do one or more hacks inside the PS list like pitch-transpose, length-legato to make things more cantabile, length-diminution to vary durations, etc.

THE QUESTION:

Is there some way to, after I assembled the list for my 4 voices, to pick specific bars or passages i like and reorder and make some assembling to other generated material ?

ONE PARTICULAR PROBLEM is that each draft means 4 streams of lists ( String quartet). I´m not wanting to mix bars 1-4  of the 1st violin with bars 123-127 of cello (altought this can be desirable...). I NEED TO TAKE ENTIRE EXCERPTS CONTAINING ALL THE 4 LISTS IN SYNC.

How to deal with this massive (to the eyesight) amount of data in LISP lists without getting loose ?

It´s not a simple (assemble-seq) operation (I´m aware of it), but some extracting favorite parts / specific bars, maybe setting (setf) this bars as new variables to finally use as assemble-seq in a further final compiling of a movement or a section.

I´m saving everything also as musescore files, but I´m avaoiding at all cost to make this manually. I´d like to test as much as possible my sections with this flexibility.

Any toughts are very appreciated !

Thank you !

All the best !

Julio

Depends on what you want to do with the generated material.

Useful function:

unfold, omn-dictum, find-bar, position-item, position-replace, position-swap

Many functions allow you to edit selected bars:

:section (numbers)

(pprint-last-score) could help as well with bar numbers.

Enable 'Bar Number Display' in the Preferences/Notation