L-System

Hi,

Opusmodus team has done a great job in supporting L-system. I have been spending some time to understand this feature; seems quite powerful.

I have just uploaded a blog post on this topic. Your comments and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Does OM implementation support the full functionality as outlined in this paper?

- Rangarajan

one other interesting approach could be, to use l-systems on a "higher level"... (a lot of work to this is already made in OPENMUSIC)

a sequence like '(a b a c a d a a b a e ...) ;; as a "nonsense-l-system-example-seq"

could be used as a seq for FUNCTIONS... means:

an input/omn-seq would be transformed by an l-system-function-sequence, for example...

a = rotate pitches and lengths

b = invert pitches

c = sample-seq pitches

d = change velocities

so you could work with more complex input-gestalts... and when you are doing this on a second/third-level inside of such GESTALTS you will have something like this MODEL...

i think HANSPETER KYBURZ is "the MASTER" for L-SYSTEMS in MUSICAL COMPOSITION, and i he talked about this things in his lectures

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

famous pieces with/on this are:

CELLS

or

PARTS

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkBcN66Y0mYZ8EJ_ihZvkdg