Apple M1 Arm processor?

Amazing feature, Janusz !

This is new Notation Viewer is a very useful feature, especially for dealing with long excerpts of music. It really helps a lot when hearing the pieces to make decisions about the form, the duration of the textures.

Does it works also with the ps (preview score) function ?

Looking forward to see it in Windows machines !

All the best !

Julio 

9 hours ago, opmo said:

Okay. Nice. I'm assuming this is a prettied-up port of Common Music Notation?

But we still have no details. Is the current user community going to be brought into this major upgrade, or simply be treated as sheep to be fleeced? You said "Oct 2022" and have missed that deadline. Care to share the next "release date?"

If you sense some frustration then you are not wrong. Support for the M1 has been a long time coming and OM have been nothing but opaque about how that issue will be resolved. We are clearly getting closer, yet we are none clearer

Didn't you read this (the compatibility) when you made the update, bought a new computer? I always check that - always. Also with MaxMsp, Avid Sibelius, Pro Tools ...

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-31 um 19.59.11.png

SIBELIUS

i think AVID SIBELIUS is not yet officially ready for VENTURA either, and M1 only under the Rosetta 2 translation layer.

WWW.SCORINGNOTES.COM

How Sibelius, Finale, Dorico, MuseScore, and Notion are faring on Apple's Ventura operating system and Apple Silicon-powered hardware.

We are making great progress. Tests taking some time, especially when you make a port (not trivial) and make sure, the new app works on new M1/2 and older macOS systems. 

There are many new functionalities (GUI) with a new Notation Viewer which you can see on the Announcement forum.

Better search, rewritten System Function (in PDF format, for better read) responsive MIDI Entry and more.

The v.3.0 is not only a port from CCL to LW system -  with a support for M1 - but a substantial upgrade to the existing system.

Asking 'when', 'you promised' etc... will not speedup the process.

I am one of you, wishing too, to use the new system for my own work.

Best wishes to all,

Janusz

Marvellous, Janusz, 

It will be a huge step in the system. And probably will be easier to make it compatible to many different systems, since it´s all Lisp-based stuff !

Looking forward to have it in Windows and make some cool videos showing it to people !!

No hurry ! Take your time !

Best !

Julio

@opmo

Asking 'when', 'you promised' etc... will not speedup the process.

I am one of you, wishing too, to use the new system for my own work.

True if this were a free, open-source community driven project.

But Opusmodus is quite the opposite.

Just to get things right.

As paying customer I hoped to get somewhat more from you.

Its a pitty, Opusmodus was a great product until it became useless for new Mac users, while communication of the company is so far behind what others understand and do not question.

Dear All,

I´m also a heavy user of Opusmodus. My old Macbook Air is broken now and I no longer use Apple products, because I don´t like Apple policies and the programmed obsolescence they use to make. I use windows machines emulating OSX via Virtual Machine. It works perfectly with Opusmodus. Actually Opusmodus is a very light and elegant software.

Doing some research, I found that M1 can run virtual machines to install older OSX versions, like in the video below.

It can be a temporary alternative if you really need Opusmodus in a hurry.

It´s a little tricky, but it works for me. You can run VMware, Virtualbox, Parallels Desktop, Fusion, etc. There are many options.

Best

OSXDAILY.COM

Mac VirtualBox users will be happy to know that VirtualBox now runs natively on Apple Silicon ARM processors, including the M1 and M2. VirtualBox is virtualization software that allows you to run o…

There is an on-going irony here: in order to run OM on a current M1/2 mac we have to install VM software, the 10+Gb of reduncant old security-poor OS, then the mac-only OM application. How about this? A version of OM that runs on hardware that is now 2 years old? What a great idea!

I really do wonder how it is going. We have been treated to a screen shot and told it will be "a substantial upgrade," promised Oct, and now left in the dark (pretty much as most of us have been all along). We have no answers to direct and specific questions, no details, no pricing (but I'm sure that upgrade is going to cost us dearly), and basically treated like sheep waiting to be fleeced (an Australianism but I'm sure you get it). Customer service? Not so much it would seem yet I'd love to be proven wrong...

I'm testing (for fun) the M2 with opusmodus (intel, a little wobbly on silicon) - of course I still have a copy on my intel-mac, just for fun!

but the combination is really good. I calculate/play something in OPUSMODUS, sending by OSC to MAX/MSP and further to ABLETON LIVE; as a heavy test, the same thing in parallel to REAPER. everything with different plugins. no jerks, no glitches. That will be really great, this combination - when OPMO officially runs on silicon!

then PROCESSING can also run in parallel 😄

@opmo: thx a lot for all the special functions you have coded for me/us over the last few years, very specific/individual solutions for me, my work!!

Dear Andre,

Did you used virtualization to run in the M1 computer ?

Looks good !

Best,

Julio

2 hours ago, AM said:

I'm testing (for fun) the M2 with opusmodus (intel, a little wobbly on silicon) - of course I still have a copy on my intel-mac, just for fun!

but the combination is really good. I calculate/play something in OPUSMODUS, sending by OSC to MAX/MSP and further to ABLETON LIVE; as a heavy test, the same thing in parallel to REAPER. everything with different plugins. no jerks, no glitches. That will be really great, this combination - when OPMO officially runs on silicon!

then PROCESSING can also run in parallel 😄

@opmo: thx a lot for all the special functions you have coded for me/us over the last few years, very specific/individual solutions for me, my work!!

testiing all.mov 35.42 MB · 0 downloads

• 2 weeks later...

Now late November and we continue to get crickets (seriously guys a screen-grab is not "a release"). Do you as an orginisation care about the lesser members of this community? If I get to judge by actions rather than words, the clear answer to that is a resounding "No!"

So how about, as a gift to us waiting here in user-space and really wanting to use your product again, you tell us what is really going on...

2 minutes ago, mark-syd said:

Now late November and we continue to get crickets (seriously guys a screen-grab is not "a release"). Do you as an orginisation care about the lesser members of this community? If I get to judge by actions rather than words, the clear answer to that is a resounding "No!"

So how about, as a gift to us waiting here in user-space and really wanting to use your product again, you tell us what is really going on...

Seriously? This is a one-man operation doing a major port of the software, not only to support a new hardware architecture, but also, as part of that, to completely swap out the underlying runtime backend. Give the guy a break, his job is hard enough without entitled people badgering him to get it done yesterday and criticizing his very efforts to communicate progress (before that, the criticism was that there wasn't any communication about it). What's "really going on"? Alien abduction? Coup attempt? Let the dev do his work.

Seriously? This is a one-man operation doing a major port of the software, not only to support a new hardware architecture, but also, as part of that, to completely swap out the underlying runtime backend. Give the guy a break, his job is hard enough without entitled people badgering him to get it done yesterday and criticizing his very efforts to communicate progress (before that, the criticism was that there wasn't any communication about it). What's "really going on"? Alien abduction? Coup attempt? Let the dev do his work.

yes! agree with you, just let the developer(s) work instead of making a .... here. janusz is doing a great job!!

On 11/23/2022 at 6:03 PM, sockmonkey72 said:

I am pissed because I paid 100s of euro to a developer for software that is no longer fit for purpose, and hasn't been for over two years. The only communications about this have been "Not my fault" (blaming CCL) and "Please wait." If this were a dude in his mother's basement with a Patreon account, fine, but for someone who has a commercial enterprise charging serious money for a product it is unacceptable. In your world you may consider this "entitled people badgering," however I do not. There is an expectation of customer service in this industry (software development) and being lied to "release in Oct 2022" then given the silent treatment is neither professional nor respectful. Surely our payment has entitled us to a little of both?