Session 23 - 14.11.20

Here's the video files from this session.

The score files are already inside Opusmodus in score examples documentation section in Utility panel.

This is the scores : Craft for alto and piano. and the score Duet for violin and piano.

All the best to all of the Opusmodus community !

SB.

ZoomIntoOM-Videos141120.zip

• opmo changed the title to Session 23 - 14.11.20
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much, Stephane. It's been fantastic watching your sessions and learning more about Opusmodus. I have a quick question about the first part of your presentation, namely about the piece Craft.

Whenever I evaluate setf mel, I get every so slightly different melody. I even adjusted the setf path function by including the new '(octave) variable:

(setf path (tonality-series modes :map '(octave) :root roots)) 

Although, after watching your explanation in the video, I'm not sure if using 'octave affects the output or not.

I attached the screenshots of three separate compilations; each produces an almost exact melody with only a few different notes. Is that because of the built-in randomness, in tonality-series or tonality-map?

I understand that there's a way always to get the same output by using :seed. Would you happen to have any suggestions on how to implement it in the given context, especially when the init-seed is already used?

Many thanks!

Zvony

1761020222_ScreenShot2020-11-27at4_31_46PM.png.c0654e84df08ac7e1a49e9e094136afa.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 4.32.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 4.32.43 PM.png