When Opusmodus will not open

Possibile solution:
  1. Quit Opusmodus.
  2. Delete the com.opusmodus.Opusmodus directory from the ~/Library/Caches folder.
  3. Delete the com.opusmodus.Opusmodus.plist file for the ~/Library/Preferences folder.
  4. Empty Trash.
  5. Download the latest version from the Forums Downloads page.
  6. Start Opusmodus.

• opmo changed the title to When Opusmodus will not open
  • 3 months later...

Every time I quit Opusmodus, it will not open again. Or to be specific the menu appears but the main window does not. I need to do every one of the following to get it to run again:

delete cache

delete preferences

reinstall from the latest dmg (curiously it copies very slowly - like it takes 3 or 4 minutes to install - never seen anything like this before)

reboot my computer

Note that the reboot operation seems to be necessary: the other stuff alone won't fix it.

This is a major obstacle so I'd like to know if a better fix is in the works.

Mike

It looks like you have installed additional files into your Opusmodus system - Def-Library or Extensions directory - one of them has an error.

Just remove the newly created files from the Opusmodus Extensions and the Def-Library directories.

1 hour ago, Stephane Boussuge said:

It could be also you have in you OSX preference General the option close-window when quitting application (something approximately like this because my OSX version is in French ...)

SB. 

Hi Stephane, I found the option and it was checked, so I'll try unchecking it.

M

9 hours ago, opmo said:

It looks like you have installed additional files into your Opusmodus system - Def-Library or Extensions directory - one of them has an error.

Just remove the newly created files from the Opusmodus Extensions and the Def-Library directories.

Okay I'll try removing those files.

• 9 months later...