Session 6 - 20.06.20 - From Nothing (Part 2)

Hi Stephane - I am having a problem in the ;;; INSTRUMENTATION & SECTIONS ASSEMBLY of the "From nothing-Pt2" score.  Whenever I evaluate one of the lines in this section  I get the following error message from the listener: "Error: Not a pitch symbol (q)"  , where (q) could also be (w) or (-q.)  as the first value in any given  evaluated line of that section.   If I try to preview score it shows the same error message.  Have spent some time trying to debug,   any idea what it may be?

thanks!  Peter

Hi Stéphane - Tried with the new file and same problem.  Rebooted Opusmodus no luck.  Rebooted the whole system and did an Evaluate All on the new file.  Got this message when it was done:  

"pitch-transpose, transpose: 12 ambitus: piano section: nil exclude: nil
> Error: Not a pitch symbol (q).
> While executing: examine-pitch, in process Listener-1(7).
> Type cmd-. to abort, cmd-\ for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options."

Essentially the same problem ...might these "compiler warnings"  I have been seeing all along in the Listener have anything to do with it?

;Compiler warnings for "/Users/petermeasroch/Downloads/FromNothingSuite-20-06-2020.opmo" :
;   In an anonymous lambda form at position 460: Undeclared free variable sections-sizes
? gen-loop, count: (first sections-sizes) func: (rnd-sample 8 '(0 0 1 0 1)) seq: nil seed: 3628
;Compiler warnings for "/Users/petermeasroch/Downloads/FromNothingSuite-20-06-2020.opmo" :
;   In an anonymous lambda form at position 538: Undeclared free variable sections-sizes
? gen-loop, count: (first sections-sizes) func: (rnd-sample 8 '(0 0 0 0 1)) seq: nil seed: 3629
;   In an anonymous lambda form at position 616: Undeclared free variable sections-sizes
? gen-loop, count: (first sections-sizes) func: (rnd-sample 8 '(0 0 0 0 1)) seq: nil seed: 3630
;   In an anonymous lambda form at position 694: Undeclared free variable sections-sizes
? gen-loop, count: (first sections-sizes) func: (rnd-sample 8 '(0 0 0 0 1)) seq: nil seed: 3631
;   In an anonymous lambda form at position 772: Undeclared free variable sections-sizes

I am wondering if I am not making some really basic beginner error - e.g. when previewing from "ps"  I use the same right-click "Evaluate and Audition and Notation" command as for "def-score"?

(btw I am running OSX 10.12.6 btw on a 6-core 2009 MacPro  - just in case 🙂

thanks for your responses

Peter

Still not working, Stéphane.   I'll keep playing with it and maybe we'll have time to discuss after Zoom on Saturday.   All lines evaluate just fine except the setf flute, clarinet etc with the pitch-transpose and assemble parentheses.   A great learning template but frustrating not to be able to preview. 

best,

Peter