Extensibility in Opusmodus

Hi,

This software package seems to offer a large array of possibilities for a composer. I've especially impressed by the notation component. I did have a specific question though. I have a large set of utilities I've written in Java that I'd prefer not to have to port to another language. I am creating a web service for easy, language-agnostic integration with them. Does Opusmodus offer, either through its own library, or throug the underlying framework (I assume it's some form of LISP), a way to communicate with/query a web service? Thanks for any information.

Also, a related question, possibly answered somewhere else, but I am assuming I could write my own set of tools in the language. Am I correct?

Regards,

Paul M.

The language Opusmodus is using is Lisp, anything that you can do in plain CCL, you can do with Opusmodus.app.

A commonly-used HTTP client is called drakma.  http://weitz.de/drakma/

It is available in Quicklisp http://www.quicklisp.org/beta/

To install and use Quicklisp, please read that web page, but in short, you do

(load "http://beta.quicklisp.org/quicklisp.lisp")

and then follow the directions.

Hi Janusz,

Hi Opusmodus

(Can't try the demo cause I'm still under OSX 10.6  ;-) ) Is there any template so that I can write & "hard-wired" store my own functions (inkl. help files) directly in Opusmodus, so that I can use it in every new file/composition/project? With one or some "my-functions"-files that will be loaded at startup? Can I write libraries for musical themes and snippets (defparameter melody_1234 '(c eb g eb ab g)) etc., that will be loaded too at startup?

Or do I need another Lisp-Environnement in addition like Quicklisp or so?

best,

Michael

Dear Michael,

The language Opusmodus is using is Common Lisp, anything that you can do in plain Common Lisp, you can do with Opusmodus, we can easily say Opusmodus is a developing environment. Of course you can extend the system with your own function (Extensions folder), the documentation of your functions you will add to the System Library folder which you find in the Opusmodus folder (there is an example file to see how it works). Any code placed in the Extensions folder will be loaded at startup. The def-library function will help you to store your ideas, snippets, themes etc... in well organised manner. All libraries will be loaded at startup and should be placed if the /Opusmodus/Def-Libraries/Def-Library directory.

Edited by opmo