Timeframe to run on Catalina

I'm thinking of purchasing opusmodus and I'd like to take advantage of the current sale price. However, it is the case I am running the Catalina Beta on the laptop I'd like to use primarily to run the software. I've downloaded the trial version... but it does not seem to be working properly on Catalina. How soon do you think you'll be supporting Catalina?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see OpusModus 2.0 is scheduled for release soon-- I look forward to some of the new features. I've been running Catalina for  several months. I used to have two Macs, where I could have them at different versions, but no I have only one with 10.15 Catalina. It's been several months since I've been able to use OpusModus. I'd like to know:

1. Will there be a pre-2.0 version that will be released with compatibility with OS Catalina 10.15?

2. If so, will it be a free or paid upgrade?

3. Will 2.0 be compatible with OS Catalina 10.15 when it comes out?

Thanks in advance,

Paul M.

Edited by marqrdt
clarify question...

Just received an info:

Thanks mostly to Apple we've not had good news on the Mac recently, but, today we have very good news.  One can build CCL from scratch on 10.15.3 Catalina without using old tools.  Apple has fixed the assembler.

Good news indeed. How this will work with OM build needs to be tested.

And care must be taken, as many of the updates released for Catalina notarization compatibility are now broken under 10.9.5. Apparently, certain combinations of code are ok, but at least as far as audio apps and plug-ins...9 out of 10 updates no longer run on my machine. I am told 10.11 is minimum, but several developers (like Zynaptiq) are able to maintain 10.9.5 compatibility...so it is possible, at least with their framework.

And again, my experience is mainly coming from audio plug-ins compiled for Catalina that did work previously on Mavericks, and now don't. Not sure what, if any, of this affects the compiling of code for an app like Opusmodus?

On 2/9/2020 at 2:50 PM, opmo said:

Catalina 10.15 will be not supported in time of the release of ver. 2.0. CCL is trying to resolve the problem with help of Apple as far as I know. Because of many issues with Apple OS upgrades many people are still on 10.8 - 10.12.

I'm not upgrading and it isn't due to problems with the upgrade itself.  Lots of audio software I use isn't compatible.  Sweetwater has compiled a long list if anyone is interested: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-10-15-catalina-compatibility-list/