Sign in to follow this  
Stoney

Open Recent ... suggestion

It would be great if the File / Open Recent... list was sub-divided into .opmows files and everything else. It would also be very convenient if, when Opusmodus starts, it re-opened any .opmows files that were open when it last quit, but lacking that, having a separate section for them in Open Recent... would provide quick access to what I've been working on. As-is, any .opmows file tends to fall off the list when I open enough other files.

To reopen the last used windows you need to go to System Preferences/General panel and uncheck the "Close windows when quitting an app".

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 08.11.21.png

Wow. Thanks! I didn't realize that computer had "Closed Windows" turned on.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By torstenanders
      Dear all,

After updating to a recent Opusmodus version 1.3, I ran into some errors when loading code that had been loaded and compiled before, e.g., quicklisp, quicklisp libraries, swank (the interface that allows using Emacs Slime with Opusmodus), and my own Lisp libraries. The errors I saw were rather cryptic, like the following:

Error: The value "CL" is not of the expected type list.
      While executing: (:internal ccl::operation-on-all-specs ccl::%define-package), in process Listener-1(7).

After exchanges with Janusz (thanks a lot for your help!) I learnt that the underlying Common Lisp version of Opusmodus had been upgraded to CCL version 1.12, and the format of compiled files (fasl files or dx64fsl files) of this version had changed.

So, in case you run into similar problems, these can be fixed simply by deleting all previously compiled files (which Lisp stores if they do not change to speed up the load process), so that the Lisp compiler has to compile them again. In the folder  ~/.cache/common-lisp just delete any folders starting with ccl-, so that all compiled files in this directory are compiled again.

Best,
      Torsten
    • By JulioHerrlein
      Dear All,

I have a little suggestion for workflow.

1) A simple context menu button (or some way) to open the XML snippet in other software.
      Like right-clicking on the snippet and have an option (OS based option) like "open with" (musescore, finale, sibelius, etc)

This could be useful for collecting material for a piece to be edited outside Opusmodus.
      I personally use Musescore with my students. It's free, open and runs windows and mac.
      I also use Finale for myself.
      This simple options could solve the problem of the audition of many different snippets.

2) Another (much more complex) idea would be  when click over each snippet to have a play panel, similar to the
       live coding panel (with play/stop button, tempo, volume, maybe sound and channel assigment , according
       to the number of staves, etc...

This could be handy.

Best,
      Julio
      added 2 minutes later Like this (when clicking over the snipett inside Opusmodus:

• By torstenanders
      The Opusmodus editor allows to have a number of "windows" open next to each other, but not enough for me. With Emacs I have commonly 3-4 frames with code open next to each other, in addition to the documentation, output viewers etc. (nice to have multiple screens :)

Any chance to do the same and open 3-4 files from the current project/workspace side by side?

EDIT: Note that I can open additional files, but only if they are not part of the current project/workspace -- going beyond that restriction would help. 

Thanks!

Best,
      Torsten