Getting precompiled code (e.g., quicklisp, quicklisp libraries, swank, own libraries) running again on recent Opusmodus versions

Dear all,

After updating to a recent Opusmodus version 1.3, I ran into some errors when loading code that had been loaded and compiled before, e.g., quicklisp, quicklisp libraries, swank (the interface that allows using Emacs Slime with Opusmodus), and my own Lisp libraries. The errors I saw were rather cryptic, like the following:

Error: The value "CL" is not of the expected type list.
While executing: (:internal ccl::operation-on-all-specs ccl::%define-package), in process Listener-1(7).

After exchanges with Janusz (thanks a lot for your help!) I learnt that the underlying Common Lisp version of Opusmodus had been upgraded to CCL version 1.12, and the format of compiled files (fasl files or dx64fsl files) of this version had changed.

So, in case you run into similar problems, these can be fixed simply by deleting all previously compiled files (which Lisp stores if they do not change to speed up the load process), so that the Lisp compiler has to compile them again. In the folder  ~/.cache/common-lisp just delete any folders starting with ccl-, so that all compiled files in this directory are compiled again.

Best,

Torsten