It would ve great to have the :port and :channel in the make-omn function. Sometimes is interesting for hearing snippets with different sounds without having to compile the entire score (sometimes it take a while,depending on the complexity of the score). The port would help to deal with vst adresses and libraries on auditioning. Best !

Sometimes is interesting for hearing snippets with different sounds without having to compile the entire score

My Opmo score data structure already allows for that, though you always have to render snippets with an explicit function call, as we cannot define custom shortcuts so far.

It is part of my tools at https://github.com/tanders/tot. Check out the function preview-score (https://tanders.github.io/tot/sources/score.html#_g232191). Various other functions allow to transform polyphonic score snippets for one or more instruments in various ways. 

Best,

Torsten

Hello, 

Just a quick question about make-omn:  is it possible to add to the parameters the notation with num?
I am currently analyzing Webern's opus 29 following a question I was asked.

If I add the notation in integers I get this: (ds4 num3 b4 num11 d4 num2 cs4 num1 f4 num5 e4 num4 g4 num7 fs4 num6 as4 num10 a4 num9 c4 num0 gs4 num8)) but this notation mod12 is not taken in count in make-omn, is it possible to add the notation in integers in the parameters (length, pitch, velocity, articulation, etc.) of make-omn? with num?

Best.

Didier

Dear Didier,

Maybe you could try this way, with integer-to-pitch function:

(setf mkomnpit (gen-repeat 10 (integer-to-pitch '(0 2 4 7))))
(setf mkomnrhy (gen-repeat 5 '(s s s s e. s q q)))

(make-omn
:length (span mkomnpit mkomnrhy)
:pitch (span mkomnrhy mkomnpit))

Integer to Pitch:

(integer-to-pitch '(0 2 4 7)

Will result in

image.png.ced7bb3900629b89e2e64ff5c429f2e3.png

Best,

Julio

Dear Julio

Thank you for your reply, but that's not what I want. I know the integer-to-pitch function well, I use it in my musical analysis with the tools of the Set Theory. And precisely, at my request, in order to be able to add the notation mod12 on a partition, Janusz created the insertion of integers via num0 ... num11.
What I want is for make-omn to recognize the num parameter, either directly or by being able to add to :length, :pitch, :articulation, :velocity, the parameter :num or other name.

I made an example from a row extracted from the Library Vienna. By adding in the series the notation in integers with the parameter num one realizes that this notation does not appear in the score from make-omn :

(setf dur (gen-repeat 12 'q) )

(setf op29webernLib (expand-libraries '(library vienna webern r19)))

(setf op29webernNumMO '(ds4 num3 b4 num11 d4 num2 cs4 num1 f4 num5 e4 num4 g4 num7 fs4 num6 as4 num10 a4 num9 c4 num0 gs4 num8))

(setf webernop29_OMN 
            (make-omn 
            :length  dur 
            :pitch op29webernNumMO
            ))

Unlike the notation as follows:
(setf op29webernNum1 '(q ds4 num3 b4 num11 d4 num2 cs4 num1 f4 num5 e4 num4 g4 num7 fs4 num6 as4 num10 a4 num9 c4 num0 gs4 num8))

DoublenotationOPMO.png

Best.

Didier

Stéphane bonsoir, 

Réponses croisées. Merci. Je n'avais pas pensé à l'intégrer en tant qu'articulation.  Merci donc. Et je viens de vérifier en ajoutant aussi des articulations (num0+marc, num11+stacc...) ça fonctionne. C'est impeccable. 

Cross responses. Thank you. I had not thought of integrating it as an articulation. Thank you so. And I just checked by adding also joints (num0 + marc, num11 + stacc ...) it works. It's impeccable.

Best.

Didier

Dear Friends,

Maybe this could work (in def score, not in make omn)

(setf op29webernLib (expand-libraries '(library vienna webern r19)))
(setf rowint (pitch-to-integer op29webernLib))
(setf pitches (gen-repeat 10 op29webernLib))
(setf lengths (span pitches (gen-repeat 10 '(s s s s -s s e -s s s -s e e -q q))))
(setf text
      (span pitches rowint))
(def-score Stage-1
           (:key-signature 'chromatic 
            :time-signature '(4 4) 
            :tempo 80
            :layout (treble-layout 'piano-rh))
  (piano-rh
   :length lengths
   :pitch pitches
   :text text
   ;:velocity dynamics
   :channel 1
   :sound 'gm
   :program 'acoustic-grand-piano)
)

RESULT

Best !

Julio

image.png.0292bce16daa77c440cddaebf62d1ef7.png

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Julio,
Sorry for the delay of the answer but I finalized a project with a baroque flutist around the tale of Andersen "The Nightingale and the Emperor of China" and whose music was written with OPMO.
Indeed, the association of notation in integers with the option: text is useful.
Many thanks
Best!
Didier

• 3 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 5:20 AM, JulioHerrlein said:

It would ve great to have the :port and :channel in the make-omn function. Sometimes is interesting for hearing snippets with different sounds without having to compile the entire score (sometimes it take a while,depending on the complexity of the score). The port would help to deal with vst adresses and libraries on auditioning

Implemented in 1.3.24622