Sign in to follow this  
AM

text-attributes above rests (or how to number events)

short question: is it possible to add a text-attribute to/above a rest? i didn't find a solution for that...

for post-editing my score i would like to delete/augment/... specific values... for example: AUGMENT rest number 12, or DELETE pitch number 27 (like every EVENT woud has its number) - to do that i numbered all the pitches in the score, but seems not possible to number (by adding text-attributes) the rest-values?? 

it's no problem to extend the EVENTS by any extra-data-slots (i wrote such a function), but i don't know how to display text above RESTS?

thanx for help

andré

It seems that some attributes (e.g., the pause/fermata sign) can be assigned to rests, but not all.

'(-q -q fermata -h)

It might make sense that some attributes cannot be assigned to a rest, e.g., the following instead creates an additional note.

'(-q -q stacc -h)

However, I would agree that it would be useful to be able to assign user-defined attributes to rests.

Best,

Torsten

yes, i saw this also (fermata and the stacc-effect)

greetings

andré

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By EAIP
      Hi,
      I am working on a table for harmonics on the theorbo.
      Is there a way to mark strings with numbers higher than 5?
      Or perhaps a way to add your custom roman numeral?
      By the way, I am still on 1.2.23260, maybe there are more options in 1.3 regarding custom markings?
      Kind Regards,
      Erik
    • By AM
      greetings
      andré

;;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;;; because i'm working with numbered-events (to have some more control) i has to code ;;; a specific tranposition-function, which is transposing on specific spans/positions ;;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;;; SUB (defun and-span (n a b) (and (>= n a) (<= n b))) ;;; MAIN (defun transpose-on-event-number (omn-list &key positions/transpose-list) (loop for i in (single-events omn-list) for cnt = 0 then (incf cnt) with position-list = (loop for x in positions/transpose-list collect (car x)) with transpose-list = (loop for y in positions/transpose-list collect (rest y)) with cnt2 = 0 when (and (and-span cnt (car (nth cnt2 position-list)) (cadr (nth cnt2 position-list))) (not (length-restp (car (omn :length i))))) collect (pitch-transpose-n (nth cnt2 transpose-list) i) else collect i when (and (= cnt (cadr (nth cnt2 position-list))) (< cnt (cadar (last position-list)))) do (incf cnt2))) ;;; ZERO-based (like in lisp) (transpose-on-event-number '(q g4 -q q g4 g4 g4 g4 g4 g4 g4 g4) :positions/transpose-list '(((0 5) 1) ((6 7) -3) ((8 9) 12))) => ((q gs4 mf) (-q) (q gs4 mf) (q gs4 mf) (q gs4 mf) (q gs4 mf) (q e4 mf) (q e4 mf) (q g5 mf) (q g5 mf))  
    • By AM
      to use the function which works on event-numbers, first you have to number it (the score), so that you could work with this afterwards...

;;; ADD numbers to text attributes (can do that in your setup), then ADD number to events ;;; have a look to the example. after that, easy to use REPLACE-ON-EVENT-NUMBER etc... (defun add-numbers-to-text-attributes (a b) (loop for i from a to b append (add-text-attributes (list (compress (list 'nr i)) (write-to-string i))))) (add-numbers-to-text-attributes 0 100) (defun add-num-to-events (omnlist) (loop for x in (single-events omnlist) for i from 0 to (length (single-events omnlist)) when (omn-formp x) collect (omn-replace :articulation (list (compress (list 'nr i))) x) else collect x)) ;;; evaluate cmd3 (setf seq (add-num-to-events '(-q q c4 mp -q -q e e e e e q c4 mp -q -q q c4 mp -q))) => ((-q) (q c4 mp nr1) (-q) (-q) (e c4 mp nr4) (e c4 mp nr5) (e c4 mp nr6) (e c4 mp nr7) (e c4 mp nr8) (q c4 mp nr9) (-q) (-q) (q c4 mp nr12) (-q))