As a beginner how important is learning Lisp ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By AM
      dear all

does anyone have experience with an implementation of LISP in maxmsp?
      i'm looking for: "Max handling real time input, output, timing and control, letting Lisp handle variable handling and of course the processing of large amounts of data"

Cycling '74
      CYCLING74.COM Tools for sound, graphics, and interactivity  
      does anyone tested this?

thealexgraham/lisper
      GITHUB.COM Lisper is an easy to use interface between Max/MSP and Common Lisp - thealexgraham/lisper  
      thanx for a hint
      andré
    • By AM
      LISP...
      any solution? i want to DIVIDE a seq into sublists -> when it's asc into a list, "rest"  into single-listed values - thanx a lot for some help 🙂

;;; input (divide* '(14 12 3 13 15 8 4 10 17 2 16 0 1 6 7 5 11 9)) ;;; output => ((14) (12) (3 13 15) (8) (4 10 17) (2 16) (0 1 6 7) (5 11) (9))  
    • By torstenanders
      What is the Lisp function for stopping playback (bound to the shortcut cmd-esc)? 

... I could never add a custom keyboard shortcut to the Opusmodus text editor Hemlock (and I tried), but I just managed adding keyboard shortcuts and a menu for playing Opusmodus snippets and my polyphonic score format to Emacs (thanks to the fact that scores now can be displayed in a separate window). Only need some key for stopping playback as well.

(The main thing I will then miss when using Emacs as the Opusmodus IDE is the close integration of the document, but well, you cannot have everything 🙂  On the plus side, I have a more stable editor and in particular a very good debugger.)

Thanks! 

Torsten